The goal of this qualification is to give students the knowledge and skills they need to help clients with one or more long-term conditions manage their symptoms by encouraging them to live healthier, more active lives through effective behavior-change techniques, lifestyle advice, and safe and effective exercise prescription.
Learners will cover the following topics during the qualification:
- A working knowledge of anatomy and physiology, as well as how they relate to health and fitness.
- An awareness of the present health picture, including UK prevalence and the reasons for our growing health crisis, such as socioeconomic factors and an ageing population.
- A better understanding of behavior-change theories and how to use them effectively when working with clients who have long-term conditions.
- When working with clients who have long-term conditions, how to organise and adapt exercise safely and effectively.
- Fitness professionals dealing with clients with long-term conditions should have a good understanding of professional practise.
When you enroll on the Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Clients with Long-term Conditions you will receive your joining instructions and welcome email via email giving you access to your learning resources.
Throughout the course, your experienced personal tutor will support you to ensure you have a clear action plan to ensure full participation with your learning and provide guidance on what work needs to be completed and by when to ensure that you can successfully complete your course.
The Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Clients with Long-term Conditions course is divided into units that allow a logical and progressive order providing you with a structure that is easy to follow. Our interactive high-quality resources include eLearning, pre-recorded webinars, live webinars, PDF manuals, editable worksheets, tutor demo worksheets, tutor demo videos, mock exams and knowledge checkers.
The units include:
Unit 1: Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness
- Online 40 questions multiple-choice exam. The pass mark is 28 / 40 (70%) and you have 1 hour 30 minutes to complete it.
You can sit your exam online on a date/time of your choosing via remote proctor software. Please note there is an additional fee for any resits.
To book your exam or see planned theory exam assessment dates click here.
You can re-sit an exam as many times as needed, however CMS Fitness Courses has a responsibility to ensure that teaching and learning occur in between each exam to promote learner development and quality of delivery. Re-sit fees are £25 per exam.
Unit 2: The health landscape
Unit 3: Managing long-term conditions
Unit 4: Behaviour change for clients with long-term conditions
- Case Study
Unit 5: Planning and adapting physical activity for clients with long-term conditions
- Case Study
*These are non-invigilated assessments, which must be completed online via our eAssessment platform for each of the above units. You must achieve a minimum Pass mark of 80%.
It is expected that the Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Clients with Long-term Conditions will take up to 6 months to complete, depending on how many hours you complete per week and your rate of learning.
You will have access to certain units and resources in a specific order allowing you to ensure you complete your learning and assessments in the most logical sequence ensuring your continual progression. A typical pathway is shown below:
|Induction||Welcome email and tutor phone call to introduce and induct you to our high-quality digital technology learning platform.|
|Month||Live Webinar||Unit 1||Unit 2||Unit 3||Unit 4||Unit 5|
|1||Revise and complete learning resources||Revise and complete learning resources|
|2||A&P Learning review Introduction to Unit 3||Revise and complete learning resources||Complete and submit assessment||Revise and complete learning resources|
|3||Sit mock exam and contact CMS to book your real exam||Complete and submit assessment||Revise and complete learning resources||Revise and complete learning resources|
|4||Unit 4 and 5 review and Mentor Support Webinar||Revise and complete learning resources||Revise and complete learning resources|
|5||Sit mock exam and contact CMS to book your real exam||Complete and submit case study documents|
To enroll on the Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Clients with Long-term Conditions you need:
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in fitness/gym instructing (not including instructing children)
- A suitable Level 3 qualification in personal training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved; learners should therefore have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 1.
To complete the 100% online pathway you will:
- Complete the course over a duration and speed that suits you
- Have 24/7 access to our high-quality digital technology learning platform and regular support from your personal tutor
- Learning can be completed in your own time and at your own pace but the attendance of some live webinar sessions is required